Briefly, the rules: each category requires 5 answers. Then tag people. That is all.
15 Years Ago, I :
1. was in seventh grade at a new school (because that's when we move from elementary school to intermediate school).
2. just hit puberty, so the boys were pointing if my bra strap showed on my shoulder (what is with boys? like they've never seen a strap?)
3. started taking Spanish (though now I've forgotten most of it, and the alphabet has changed too!)
4. loved Star Trek: the Next Generation and started writing teleplays
5. was growing fond of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High, and *sigh* the Baby-Sitters Club!
10 Years Ago, I :
1. was in my first full year of college, as I had been taking part-time college classes while I went to elementary school through high school.
2. hated my Biology teacher so much that I switched majors from Biology to Liberal Studies (where I could use my Biology credits and take Creative Writing on top of it).
3. was discouraged from following my childhood dream of becoming a doctor.
4. decided to instead focus on another graduate program.
5. started to learn many of life's lessons.
5 Years Ago, I :
1. just turned 'legal' to drink alcohol (though I rarely do anyways).
2. ended third year of grad school and started to enjoy my official "last summer vacation" (as the following year, after I graduated, I'd enter the work force and never have three months off together again!)
3. stayed at home and worked full-time.
4. went to Disneyland more times than I can count.
5. noticed how school had changed me.
3 Years Ago, I :
1. was slave-working at my first and only job (the same job I had been interning at since I started grad-school).
2. went to Italy as my first ever European vacation with two girlfriends and my sister.
3. also visited my girlfriend in Washington DC and saw the sites.
4. decided to make Europe a yearly visit.
5. bonded closer with my sister.
1 Year Ago, I :
1. just finished my training for my "new" job (where I have been for about a year and several months now).
2. wasn't as scared about passing probation.
3. was still feeling a little 'different' in the new environment and wasn't sure if I 'fit in'.
4. had more free time on the weekend.
5. was working on my second draft of my work-in-progress novel.
Yesterday, I :
1. joked with Ali and said I'd tag her for this meme (see below).
2. replied to all my threads for the RPG that I'm in.
3. tried to watch a Julia Stiles / Freddy Prinze Jr flick (the title escapes me now) but couldn't finish it.
4. watched X-Men: The Last Stand.
5. was short-charged for Chinese fast-food. hehehe ^_^
Today, I :
1. woke up at 5:00 am
2. ate left-over Chinese fast-food for breakfast
3. started work at 6:24 am
4. plan to email the RPGers for Lily and Hestia and see if they want to be friends with Dorcas
5. will go home around 3:30 pm and veg again in front of the computer
Tomorrow, I :
1. will wake up at 5:30 am
2. will get to work by 7:00 am
3. will probably continue to eat left-over Chinese fast-food since we're giving Mom a break from cooking and I rarely cook at six in the morning. It would make the whole house smell and wake everyone else up.
4. will watch whatever movies my sister borrowed from the library.
5. will continue to read the Beverly Cleary books as a way to remember my childhood.
What's changed? I think I feel more confident and I actually don't mind the place that I work at. Last year, I was in a rut - because I don't really like change - at least major 'life changes' since I'm usually the loyal-to-a-fault employee. But I changed jobs - for the better. And next week, I'm going to interview at another hospital that has better benefits. We'll see how that goes.
TAG! YOU'RE IT! amethystwind, rindiggfelt, anndee123, ladybluestar, traceria, and anyone else who wants to do it.