Still a bit irked by working nights, but what can you do? Complain? As if that would help. So, I'm looking for little things to make me smile...
1. Meetings - *grin* because meetings mean less time to do actual work. Same with training. So, yesterday, my shift was from 2:00-10:30-pm; I worked from 2:00-3:15pm (approx), had a meeting from 3:15-4:30pm, was supposed to go lunch at 5:30pm but got sidetracked with a problem and then waited for training, had a brief training session at 6:15-6:40pm, had dinner from 6:40-7:40pm, and then worked from 7:40-10:40pm.
2. Emma Bunton - yeah, yeah, it's a CD from 2005 and an import to boot - but whatever. I like certain tracks better than others but in general, it isn't a bad CD and I'm too lazy to change the CD that I have in my computer. True, I could just burn a bunch of songs (or sign up for one of those download sites - but I have no iPod, so why bother?) onto my jukebox but that requires work too. ;) I heart "Maybe", "Amazing", and "You Are". If only I had Victoria Beckham's CD, then I could compare ;D.
3. Traffic at 11:00pm - it actually isn't too bad either. Sure, I don't really like driving late (considering I'm tired on top of it) but I'm trying to find the silver lining in working late shifts (which so far, have been relatively drama-free).
4. LJ - it's actually been pretty slow on my flist and rps, which I don't mind and provides a balance to rush and stress.
5. Gackie - yeah, yeah - no need to bug me about that, but I'm almost done with the fic! WHEE! and then I think it will be FINISHED as I haven't had any other ideas for the pair (well, except to spin off with the alternate to Chapter 2 - but why torture myself with that?) So, it just makes me happy that I'm almost done, since I'm working on Chapter 14 right now (it's linked to Chapter 13, so Chapter 13 isn't unlocked yet in case I need to revise it). Once the fic has burned its course, I might work on individual drabbles for my characters.
True, there is the Meicob ship but I haven't had the chance to fully explore Jacob's personality and I'm hesitant on writing Mei as I don't have a good grasp on her (not like the grasp I have of Gabe's personality); I'd be more inclined to writing Gami (BFF-wise / platonic) since Ami is more settled than Jacob (who is still maturing into his own person). The only other couple that I'd be comfortable writing would be Ben/Grace as they're both mine (as a sort of past, retrospective piece but nothing is set for the future).
6. RP - Mandy is a hoot to write. I'm getting used to Sophie. Augury is picking up. WW is expanding a little. Yay!